Dear Chapel family,
On Wednesday March 18 our Elders, Trustees and Pastors after a week of watching and praying met over an issue we thought we would never face to make a decision we thought we would never make.
In addressing the Coronavirus pandemic, we have suspended services for two weeks.
In light of clear evidence and advice from our Nation’s highest office we have moved to suspend Sunday worship services and all meetings for two weeks (March 22 and March 29).
What does that mean?
Our morning service, afternoon service, Sunday school and Wednesday prayer service will not be meeting for two weeks. In addition, Men’s Prayer Fellowship and Ladies Christian Fellowship meetings are suspended. After this period, we will reevaluate and report back to you on March 31.
Why would we do this? To protect our Chapel family, most of which are in the risk and high-risk group.
Our concern is twofold: Your spiritual and physical wellbeing. And so, the question is, how can we feed our Chapel family spiritually while protecting their physical health?
Here’s what we are doing.
1. Social distancing will slow, if not stop, the spread of this disease.
At the very least it will protect those who practice it.
2. Pastor Keith’s message will be recorded and, on the website, to view Sunday.
3. Church office hours will remain the same 9:00 – 1:00 pm Monday to Friday.
4. Pastors will be available to meet and pray with Chapel family.
5. Board members will be making care calls to our Chapel family.